Florida trip

Dear All,

Well, I got home from Florida safe and sound.  We didn't end up doing the
kayak/camping trip as the water was choppy and I chickened out!  We did
kayak for a day around some mangrove islands and crossed a lot of open
water. We saw lots of shore birds and explored the mangrove swamps. We
probably went 6 miles and I'm glad there was a hot shower waiting for me and
a soft bed as my arms and hands were pretty sore!

The next day my son went snorkeling on the coral reefs and my DH and I
visited John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park. They had some nice trails
there and a small aquarium. That afternoon, we went to Butterfly World in
Coconut Creek. We loved it!

On Sunday, we walked Miami Beach and checked out the architecture as we
drove north on A1A, a coastal route. We were awed by the size of the cruise
ships in Miami and Fort Lauderdale!

The weather was in the 70's, but we came home to snow and frigid temps!

You can see some photos from our trip at: http://snipurl.com/ko8l.

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
 Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)