Re: Fwd: Squirrels

Sounds like hysteria--with a heavy infusion of urban myth--to me, too, Zem. All animals, including humans, feral and not, become fearless and aggressive when thirsty or hungry or both. Walt Disney did us a terrible disservice by anthropomorphizing Bambi and Thumper.

On Dec 13, 2005, at 7:28 PM, Zemuly Sanders wrote:

Very cool picture, Jim. Someone told me the ones around here are no longer pure coyotes because they have interbred with stray dogs. The person went on to say that had made the coyotes much more fearless. Sounds like hysteria to me, but what do I know?
zem
zone 7
West TN
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 5:36 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Fwd: Squirrels

When I last lived out there, Cyndi, I used to hang out a lot in Death Valley. One time I spent a week at the Wild Rose campground--which is about as far from civilization as LA is from the moon--where I shared space with a female coyote--just the two of us in the campground. I fed her [fried chicken] and put out water for her and when I left, we seemed to be on reasonably good terms. I could never get closer than about 4 feet, however. Here's a picture:

http://snipurl.com/krdm