Re: Squirrels....coyotes

I raised an orphaned coyote pup in the early 80's.  Had him for 10  years.
He was one of the best pets I've ever had.  Very protective,  loyal, and
gentle.  One day while on post at the Commisary I met up with a  friend who told me
about a neighbor PCSing overseas needing to find a good home  for their poodle
puppy.  Of course I was thrilled.  Problem is I had  to get the dog right
away, and had Tony the coyote in the car.  In the  haste, I had forgotten my
wallet at the checkout at the commissary, so had to  run in to get it after
picking up the puppy.  I had to leave Tony with the  puppy....when I came out, Tony
was on the back seat.  Blood all over his  mouth, blood on my school books,
and absolutely no sign of the puppy  anywhere.  I could have died.  Immediately
I opened the doors and  looked for the puppy or what was left of him.  Puppy
came out from under  the front seat with not a scratch on him.  So I checked
out Tony, he  had a cut lip, thus the blood.  From then on Tony was overly
protective of  the poodle, and very gentle with him.  I still do not think that
Tony tried  to harm the puppy, since there was no indication of any tussle or
such in the  vehicle.....how he got his lip cut is a mystery....but I never had
to worry  about Tony harming him or me.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 12/13/2005 11:02:42 PM Central Standard Time,