Clonex--Interim Report

Two weeks ago, I set out 16 cuttings treated with Clonex. I checked the cuttings today. All seem to be surviving for now; some appear to be budding from leaf axils. The cuttings were from two sources--Barbados cherries, a shrubby bush, and Jamaican cherries, a fast-growing [trashy?] tree. When I tugged at a few of both cuttings, they seemed anchored in the rooting medium, which I took to indicate roots, but I dig not dig any up to visually check.

Both of these plants are difficult--but not impossible--to root without hormone treatment. But because all 16 of these cuttings look viable, I'm excited about the usefulness and efficacy of Clonex. Two weeks hence I'll check them again and dig up a few.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10