Re: Cat Question

One of my black and white cats was Ambrose. He was a very cool cat. Now I have another one named Crookshanks after Professor McGonnagle's cat in Harry Potter. The baby, Magick, is all black with the exception of one white whisker.
zem
----- Original Message ----- From: <kmrsy@netzero.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2005 11:48 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Cat Question

>the kitten is black and white and needs a name.  My son wants to
name
him, but so far can't come up with any name that fits.  Any ideas?
I liked the suggestion of Domino, but it seems to imply he falls down a
lot. Like Jim did, it can be a good idea to experience a cat for awhile
before naming it so the name fits. My Jack, Braveheart, and Slugger were
named that way. On the other hand, Mick and Seamus were simply given
names I would have given my kids if I'd ever had any. Mick is actually
named for Michael Collins; he is very black and very cocky. My sister
named her two sibling cats Connelly and Larkin after two other Irish
patriots.

Kitty

-- Theresa <tchessie1@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
I concur- time for a new vet.  Any decent vet with a vet tech should be
able to manage a simple blood draw.  I've never heard of this.  A very
good friend of my does alot of feral rescues and through an local
organization get care (and spay/neurter) too.  She's never been turned
away because a vet "can't" do a basic procedure.  I suspect your vet got
bitten and has not dealt this the "fear-factor" since then.  But- in the
meantime- I'd find a new vet to go to.

Theresa

Chris Petersen wrote:

Dear All,

We took in a six week old abandoned kitten about a month ago. The vet tried
to do the feline leukemia test today, but told my son that he needs to
sedate the kitten to draw the blood. I guess he tried, but wasn't
successful. I think that the vet is getting wary of cats. Last month he
"couldn't" vaccinate my older cat. I don't want to give my cats anesthesia
just for simple procedures. He told Jaron that he might have to keep the
kitten over night! Time for a new vet? What do you all think?

Also, the kitten is black and white and needs a name. My son wants to name
him, but so far can't come up with any name that fits. Any ideas?

My husband doesn't want any more cats in the house. So far the kitten has
been living in Jaron's room. He needs to be isolated from the other cats
until he's tested anyway. We're hoping that the kitten will stay. Jaron is
24 and "it" will be his cat.

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)