Back Home!

Flew back today, arriving St Louis around 3PM. What a week! There is
a reason we have children in our second and third decades. Gary and I
were exhausted after 3 days at Disney World and one at Busch Gardens.
Thank goodness for our break with Jim at Leu Gardens! It was great to
meet him at last, and I so enjoyed looking at plants I (mostly) can't
grow in Quincy, with a knowledgeable person! Only disappointment for
me was not being able to see the wetland gardens (closed for some
reason), but it was a gorgeous day with excellent company. The day at
Busch Gardens also included a visit to H and R Railroads - a store in
Tampa with a good selection of Garden Railroad supplies. Gary spent
almost 2 hours there, much to the frustration of my daughter and her
family. My one frustration was that there does not seem to be
anything published that focuses on garden railroad plantings. The
weather was cooler than normal for Florida, but at least 20 degrees
warmer than Quincy, so no complaints from me. Christmas day is a good
time to travel - plane was half full.
  Still playing catch up - mail, writing 'after Christmas' cards,
doing laundry, etc. Should keep me busy for most of this week. Then,
since Gary is an allergist, and winter is a slow season, on 7
January, we will drive to Steamboat Springs, CO, to ski/just be
together for 10 days.
Auralie, I hope your husband is recovering - you are right about that
stubborn streak. My dad, I am convinced, knew he had lung cancer, but
because he did not want my mother to deal with the transportation
difficulties his hospitalization would have created (she did not
drive) and he didn't want to "inconvenience" me, he told none of us
and refused to let me accompany him into his primary care MD's office
(even though I went there with him). His primary care MD didn't know
either - he had evidently been diagnosed by a different MD. We found
out the seriousness of his condition when he collapsed and had to be
taken to the emergency room.
Ceres, hope your granddaughter's surgery was successful and she will
be pain free.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b