Re: Back Home! now Cathy's book and ph questions

If you wanted to go bonsai, you could plant them in pots and bury the pots, then pull them out once a year and root prune them. Kind of a modular-design idea. Sounds like a lot of work, but it would likely help with weed control and allow you to change the landscape by simply swapping the pots around. Might also minimize any influence landscape rocks [or anything else, like moles, voles, and gophers] had on the growing environment.

Guess this means it would be a predominantly hardscape construction, but what else is new?