To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 5:02 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Buddha's hand liqueur & Starfruit pickles

Oh Jim, this sounds like something I make. It's a variation of the
traditional German Rumtopf (Rum pot) only with exotic fruits. Very
tasty......especially on ice cream or pound cake. In the traditional one adds the fruits of
the season continuously with Rum and rocksugar, to a huge pot that one has
sitting in the cellar. In Germany one can buy these pots that are made for
this. Unfortunately here there are no cellars, no pots, etc......so I make a
variation that I keep in the frig instead and add exotic fruits to it. Still
can keep it for months.
I use starfruit, kiwi, lychee, longan, pineapple, etc.

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 12/27/2005 11:02:28 PM Central Standard Time,