Re: Fires and Floods

Hey Pam-

My mom's garden in Austin is also dry as a bone-  I watered ALOT while I
was there.  She's got some branch die-off on her peach tree from the
drought and other things just didn't make it at all.  She simply can't
seem to adjust to the idea of infrequent deep watering (she used to live
in western NY).  Instead she just wets the surface regularly- can't seem
to shift her pattern.  I added more mini sprinklers to the drip system I
put in during the summer-  Now if I could only get her to turn the thing
on for about a 30-45 minutes we'd be all set.  oh well-  I'll keep
reminder her enough to keep some things alive, as she loves to be in the
garden.  The lakes are also really low in Austin.  I'd be happy to send
you some rain Pam- but that extends beyond my abilities.

Theresa