Re: Fires and Floods NOW df and vacation weather

A most boring 2006 would be wonderful! Oh, I got my gas bill today -- it was right at 62% higher than last year. YUCK!
zem
----- Original Message ----- From: "Theresa" <tchessie1@sbcglobal.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2005 7:53 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Fires and Floods NOW df and vacation weather

HI Dave-

Glad to see you chimed in- Happy Holidays to you.  We were in Austin for
a week of lovely weather- 70-80 degrees.  Came back to the same thing as
when we left- windy rain.  Yuck!  Went to the used book store- got a
bunch of book, and the grocery store-  plan on hibernating in the house
all weekend.  On a bright note-  the sale of my father's house FINALLY
went through!  yeah!  One less thing to deal with in the new year.
Husband is still job hunting.  Amazingly, Apple called him to come in to
interview for yet another position- this makes the 3rd job opening.
They just need to hire him for crying out loud-  obviously they think he
qualified for something. My hope is that I have the most boring 2006
possible.

Theresa

Cyndi Johnson wrote:

Thought I saw on the news that Guerneville was under
water yet again. My father & stepmother used to live
uphill from the river, near Duncan's Mills, and even
they got flooded a couple times. I sure liked the area
but I wouldn't live on the Russian River.

Cyndi

--- David Franzman <dfranzma@pacbell.net> wrote:

It's a lie! I live about 10 miles from the Russian
River. It might flood
this weekend sometime but frankly if those folks who
live along it don't
have their furniture suspended from the ceiling they
are out of their minds.
It has only flooded about 5 times in 10 years. Each
time it's a hundred
year storm.

David
http://www.atouchofthetropics.net