Re: Fires and Floods

Several years back when extreme rock climbing was the rage (maybe it
still is, don't know), the family of one of the climbers who died sued
the park service and all involved. The climber went climbing by himself,
told no one where he was planning to climb. Climbed with no protection
or safety gear, and fell. The park service, after being told this idiot
was missing SOMEWHERE in the park spent about a half million dollars
searching for him. When they found him he was on a precipice that was
difficult to reach, but they finally got him out. The family sued
because they felt the rescue efforts were too slow. Don't know the
outcome.

Kitty

-- "David Franzman" <dfranzma@pacbell.net> wrote:
Not to sound too political but the expectation now is that the government
should save everyone even if it's from themselves...regardless of how stupid
or careless they are.

Speaking of which:  Did you folks hear about a family that tried to sue the
government because their son was killed by a rock that fell and hit him on
the head while he was rock climbing in Yosemite?  Their argument was that
the govt. was aware of falling rocks in this area and that they were
negligent in not warning people.  They lost thank goodness.

David
http://www.atouchofthetropics.net