Re: Fires and Floods

It was pretty crowded during tourist season when we
were visiting as I recall, and that was back in the
late 80s. I imagined at one point that we might retire
somewhere up there - but that is still a long ways off
- and I doubt we'd be able to afford it now.
My dad had a nice place in the redwoods about 15 mins
from the ocean. I was always cold because they had
hardly any area that caught the sun; I remember
sitting in the vegetable garden just to warm up. We
laughed at them during one heat wave, gosh it must
have been a big 90 degrees, we finally took off our
sweaters but the locals were all gasping from the
heat. We spent many hours on the beach in Jenner, not
swimming but just watching the waves and the seals.
One big flood - the one where the grocery store in
Guerneville flooded up to the roof - my folks got
stranded too. The water came up to their patio but not
inside the house, they were stuck for a number of
days. My stepmother mourned her koi, lost forever she
thought, but they had hunkered down at the bottom of
her pond and when the water cleared there they were.

Cyndi