Alberta Spruce & Ilex Meserveae "San Gabriel"

Bill and I needed to pick up a new door knob for one of the interior doors
that had quit working and a couple of switch plate covers at Lowes.  Of
course we had to do some "window shopping" as well and came across 18"
Alberta Spruce with red Mylar pot covers and red bows on the lead branch.
They were 75% off which came out to $1.84.  Then I saw in a bench above them
quart sized pots of Ilex Meserveae 'San Gabriel' for $1.24 decorated with
artificial red berries.  Because there were only a few and I like spruces
and I really wanted some holly too, I went ahead and picked them up rather
than research them first.

When I googled them, it said that the Alberta spruce grow to 30-40' tall and
the holly to 25' tall.  Anyone have any experience with either plant to know
their habits in zone 5?  It will make a BIG difference as to where they get
planted in the spring.

Thanks for your help & information!

Blessings,
Bonnie