Re: Just testing

Freezing orange juice here. About 20 oranges equals a 1/2 gallon of juice, so I'm trying to freeze a 1/2 gallon a day. May run out of freezer space before the tree runs out of fruit this year. To make more room for the OJ, I've taken out several packages of blueberries we froze in June, and intend to turn them into sugar-free jam tomorrow.

Not much else going on. That cold front passes through tonight--upper 40s predicted [brrr!]. Got some hot pepper seeds from India that I need to try to germinate. The pepper I'm growing from seed from Turkey is now about 4 feet tall and loaded with little red fruits; I've dried some, but there's probably enough hot left on that bush to last me and several generations of my progeny for the foreseeable future. Also got a promise of some sweet pepper seeds from France [doux des Landes], but they haven't been mailed yet as far as I know.