From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of Kitty
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2006 12:48 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] heated floors

Jim, I suppose you can sit this one out ;+)
I'm thinking about redoing my family room (FR) next year.  The FR is on a
slab situated between the garage and Florida Room.  The rest of the house is
on a crawl, a few steps up from the FR.  FR has a good quality berber carpet
that looks like crap because it is a very high traffic area.  I also have my
5 tiered light stand in the FR and have spilled water and brown natural
liquid fertilizer on the carpet as well as hot choc when I stepped on the
cat.  I'm thinking tile.

However, being on a slab, tile would really make that room cold.  A friend
mentioned heated tile and I thought  it sounded like the tile might have
electric wiring in them.  But today there was an article in the paper about
warm water tubing under tile for heating.  I've never seen heated tile
advertised and I'm  wondering how expensive a project this would be.

Do any of you have any heated-tile rooms?  Any thoughts to share?

neIN, Zone 5

Checked by AVG Free Edition.