From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Kitty
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2006 2:47 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] heated floors

Sounds good Donna.  The room is about 14 x 20 and a couple of stairs -
I'd want those stairs heated too.  I know the cats would appreciate the
room having that extra warmth on the floor.  I like the idea of having a
thermostat for it.  And no, it would not be the primary heat source,
just something extra.  I'm thinking your mom's installation looked
something like
this:
http://www.ceramic-tile-floor.info/floor-heating-installation/installflo
orheat.htm

It is amazing what you can find on the internet.  But I asked y'all
first because I like to hear about first-hand experiences.  But then I
looked around and found good info.  I also found that water filled coils
are not something I would be using; it will be electric.

Donna, re the dif btween ceramic and porcelain - I appreciate that info,
thanks.  In the bathroom I don't worry about chipping but in the FamRm,
since it's so high traffic, I might go the extra expense of porcelain if
it's within reason.  I'm thinking I might be able to afford to redo this
room next year since my car is finally paid off.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5