Crazy season

Finally got my bulbs in today  - thanks to this crazy weather.  Because of
fiasco with the oil tank, followed by Chet's episode in the hospital, I had
not been
able to find time to plant the bulbs - or place to put them.  The ground
would have
been frozen by now in a normal year, but we have had only one hard freeze,
by days of temperatures in the 30s-to-low 50s - not freezing, but rarely out
of the 40s
and drab, windy, overcast, generally nasty weather.  I find this kind of
weather is
terribly depressing - my seasonal affective disorder really kicks in.
Anyway, today
I finally got the last of the bulbs in, which wouldn't have worked in a
normal year. I
hope they don't suffer from the late start.
But what was surprising was that everywhere I found bulbs already up.
were showing a couple of inches, and in one place tulips were several inches
of the ground. Added to that, my Confederate Jessamine (Gelsemium
other) is in full bloom.  I can remember one year in the late 70s when
forsythia was
blooming in December, but this is crazy.