Re: Crazy season

The other day I saw a turtle (slider not box) trying to cross the ighway -- probably looking for a mate four months early. I'm afraid some of our little babies, who normally hibernate, will freeze to death when winter finally comes. And, Auralie, I don't suffer from seasonal affective disorder, and I find this unseasonable weather depressing, too.
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, December 17, 2006 9:07 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Crazy season

Just the rosemary shrubs and leatherleaf mahonia blooming now. The camellia
looks like it's about to start very soon.  It'll be 80 here today and back
down in the 30's by Wednesday.  At least this front is supposed to bring
some mositure w/ it.  We'll see.  After 22 months of empty promises, I'll
believe in rain when I see it.