Re: Crazy season

Not uncommon to see sliders sunning themselves on warm winter days.   That is
common for them to be active during warm periods.  I have several  in my
garden ponds.  We had a few days of "winter" a couple weeks ago, no  turtles were
around, they stayed deep in the ponds where the water was still  warm.....as
soon as the temps went back into the 70's they were out and have  been very
active since then.  I was netting leaves out of the pond  today and was
surrounded by hungry little turtles begging for food.   They will feel it when temps
start to get low and will go to deeper waters  again.  My boxies on the other
hand have been hibernating, buried under  piles of leaf and mulch debris, since
the cold front hit.   Probably won't see them until spring.

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 12/18/2006 11:02:50 AM Central Standard Time,