Re: Reply..now vertigo

My housemate went thru a similar experience last year except there were
several reoccurences over a period of 6-8 months. She finally learned to always
carry Dramamine which would usually allow her to drive home. There was never a
cause determined for sure but only the suggestion that there was an imbalance in
her inner ear. Her brother, an MD, has had the same problem only so severe
that he has had to crawl out of his office to get help! He has explored every
possible cause/solution and can't pinpoint anything for sure. For awhile he felt
that excessive salt in his diet was the cause. Then of course stress was the
culprit. (Isn't it always!) I would say both he and his sister feel they have
"controlled" it to some extent...mostly because they can now recognize certain
clues and will take Dramamine and stay seated ('tho the MD says he has to be
on the floor) until it passes. I certainly sympathize with you and Chet. This
is a completely debilitating syndrome. Hopefully it will just go away. And it
may...I don't think my housemate has had an episode in many months.
Here's to a better 2007 with no "episodes" of any negative kind. I have an
older friend whose note on his Xmas card said "It has been an uneventful year.
But then I'm not much for events." I think I'm with him. Kathy