Re: new ie

There are all sorts of ways to do it now..... not sure what you want to
do..so...

press Alt + Z then a box opens up select Organize Favorites and you
can do it
that way.

open Favorites and right click on a blank spot and then
Sort
By Name. This puts everything alphabetically in either program

Sorting
favorites:
Click the star.  Right click a favorite.  Select Sort by Name.
Adding a favorite:
Click the start with a plus sign (right next to the plain
star).  Select Add
to Favorites.

Add a new folder to Favorites:
As above and
then click New Folder.

and I also read about having to do this.... take it
with a grain of salt please!... I haven't tried it yet.

Problem: When you
sort or organize your Favorites list in IE7 either by using
the pull down
listing of the browser or going to "Organize Favorites", and
later try to use
"Add to Favorites" or "Export Favorites" they will not have
your current
organization of files and folders. [For explanation see Bug ID
245932 at
https://connect.microsoft.com/Connect/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=2
45932 ].

Though MS should correct the IE7 code and make a hotfix for all
users
through MSUpdates, I'm not holding my breath and therefore made the
following
workaround that you can do so Add and Export Favorites will see
your
Favorites the way that you have them set up and see them:

1. Make sure
that your IE7 Favorites listing appears the way you want it
when you click
Favorites (don't worry about how it appears in Add or
Organize). If you want
everything alphanumerically ordered then right click
on any part of the
Favorites List and  then left click on "sort by name".
2. Exit IE7 (and other
programs).
3. Use windows explorer to save your Favorities folder at
"[Drive:]\Documents and Settings\[User]\Favorites" to a CD or other media and
if it asks you if you want to copy a system file such as Desktop.ini or
Thumbs.db just say No.
4. Delete all of the contents of your Favorites folder
at location
"[Drive:]\Documents and Settings\[User]\Favorites" (Keep the
"Favorites"
folder but delete everything in it (including desktop.ini and
thumbnail
files).
5. Reboot
6. Copy the entire Favorites folder from your CD
to [Drive:]\Documents and
Settings\[User]\ . It will ask if you want to
overwrite the old favorites
folder to which you say YES.
7. Open IE7 and then
click Favorites and make sure that the favorites are
there (don't worry if
they are out of order).
8. Reboot.
9. Open IE7 and make sure the files are in
order and then save your
Favorites by going to File > Import and Export" and
export your favorites to
a file for safe keeping.

The reason this works is
that your Document & Settings Favorites folder is
not HTML based (so the
ADD_DATE issue is not a problem) but rather DOS folder
based and it is saved
with the same organization of Favorites that you see on
your IE7 browser. So
all one has to do is save it, delete it (to erase the
current HTML based list
that is faulty in the IE7 browser), and then copy it
back. IE7 then sees the
correctly ordered folders/files and converts them
into an HTML list for its
Favorites. The reboots are needed to reset the
function.

Donna - who is
leaving her computer on IE 6 for awhile....just wait till you try Office
2007.... yikes!- that is even harder to get used too from what I hear....