More crazy weather

This crazy season goes on week after week with temperatures in the 40s and
low 50s during the day and low 30s at night.  We had one cold snap in early
December that lasted   only two days.  Now it's predicted to rain for New
Year's.   The worrisome thing is that my bulbs are up several inches.  This
morning I noticed that the Hellebore outside the downstairs window has
flower stalks up about three inches.  The quince outside my kitchen window
has buds showing color.  I will bring some in today to force, but they are
already about to open.  More disturbing is that I do not see any buds on the
dogwoods, and usually they form in the fall.  There was an unusually heavy
crop of berries in the fall, but I can't see any buds formed.  Who knows
what sort of spring there will be, or what will happen before we get there!
Auralie