Re: More crazy weather

It is odd. My sister's Meyer is blooming in her living room. She lives in Oregon.

On Dec 29, 2006, at 7:28 PM, Zemuly Sanders wrote:

That's odd, Jim. My Myer lemon is blooming like crazy. Maybe it thinks my back porch is Florida. BTW, I'm concerned about Pam and Betsy with all the tornadoes in Texas today and the new blizzard in Colorado.
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 11:52 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] More crazy weather

It is odd, Auralie. Our winter thus far has been warmer than usual, also--lows in the 60s, highs in the 80s. That's about 10 degrees higher than December averages on both ends. Only two mornings so far have been cool enough to suggest a sweatshirt. Thus far, I've managed to both ignore it and enjoy it--except I haven't seen any citrus blooms yet, and that's kind of worrisome. This is normally the time of year when all of them bloom.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10