Re: What's This?

Merry Christmas early back at you Rich. Please turn your head a little more to the south. ;-)
----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Apking" <redfour@omni-tech.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2007 11:02 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] What's This?

Hi all, been dancing my a-- off, since it's been kinda dry here too.
Guess I'm not holding my face just right.  It's been snowing a little
today, but night before last we had a dandy ice storm.  Took out some
major branches from the two huge silver maples that shade my house.
Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer (30) so will try to pick up the wood
and dispose of it.  Hope you get some rain soon, wasn't aware that the
GA area was so dry.  It didn't make the national news here.  I'd like to
wish all of you a very early Merry Christmas (there, I've said it PC or
not) and a Happy New Year.  Rich in Z-5

Pam Evans wrote:
After our latest 2 1/2 year drought, it was getting that bad here, couldn't launch a boat anywhere (lake receded too far from the ramps). Grass growing in all the coves, people mowing under their docks. Marinas, boat service outfits, fishing guides and all going under. Everyone on water restrictions
and so forth.  The main difference is that we have more and deeper
reserviors because it is normal for us to go 3 - 4 months w/ no rain in the
summer.  But some of the lakes were so low this last time, they shut them
down, too low to pump water out of them.  I can't do Rich's dance but am
praying y'all get some good deep soaking rain every night. Sprinkles (like we are getting now) are not going to do the trick. Only reason we came out of our drought so fast is we got 30 plus inches of rain in the month of June
when we normally don't get anything.  And we only average 35 inches in a
normal year, whatever that is.