Re: What's This?

We are wishing for rain, too.  TN is in the third year of a
drought...several cities in TN have run out of water or have come close.
>From what NOAA predicts, we will have several more years due to La Nina.
It is making me slow down on purchases because I can't keep things alive
with just rain fall.  I know this hurts the nurseries but there is little I
can do without exausting my well.  I've also been reporting to COCORAHS
with mostly .00s.  We are over 14 inches under normal participation for the
year which equals around three months of rain.  I don't know what Atlanta
will do if it

My book club is reading "The Worst Hard Times".  Thank goodness we don't
have dust storms but our pollen and dust particle count is high as there is
little rain to wash it out.  "Although the 1930s drought is often referred
to as if it were one episode, there were at least 4 distinct drought
events: 193031, 1934, 1936, and 193940 (Riebsame et al., 1991). These
events occurred in such rapid succession that affected regions were not
able to recover adequately before another drought began."  I wonder if we
won't see something similar in the next few years.