Re: OT -- absinthe

> was just reading an article in Time about it - 50 to 60 bucks a bottle.  You
> gotta be kiddin' me.

The best stuff is from

   http://vintageabsinthe.com/index2.htm

Some guy found an old, original bottle and was able to use science to
determine the exact ingredients.  Using his reverse engineered recipe
he started producing stuff true to taste from absinthe's original era.
Once that was a success, he managed to acquire other century-old samples
and reverse engineer them as well.

I think I paid about $80/bottle for mine, but that was a long time ago.
ago.  I've never tried them -- I don't believe in drinking alone.  I guess
when I ordered them I figured I would eventually have someone to share
them with.  :)

Chris