To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 10:08 AM
Subject: [CHAT] No gardening?

Gosh y'all are quiet, I figured there would be a few more messages.
Can't believe no one is out there gardening...in December...two weeks
from Christmas... :-) Anyway hope everyone is okay, we've been watching
all the news about the ice storms and power outages. We had a snidge of
rain last Friday but the TV news departments trotted out their
Stormwatch 2007 graphics for nothing because the promised two-day deluge
did not appear.  Any rain is okay though.
I didn't do any gardening either. Saturday was windy and cold so I did
inside chores. Sunday I got up way before dawn and headed for Las Vegas
with my sister and a couple friends, we went shopping at Cowboy
Christmas again. An entire convention center of western goods, many
wonderful things, but alas I did not manage to cross everything off my
gift list. I did get most of it done though and I bought a couple things
for myself. I'm much better at buying for myself than I am for others!
Went into the greenhouse yesterday and the bay tree is finally putting
out some new leaves, happy happy. I think I imported a critter too
because something is munching on geranium leaves. Might be geranium
budworm so I'll start off by dusting with some BT.  There are a couple
paperwhite blooms outside but unsurprisingly not much is happening out