To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 8:49 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] ice storms

Well, I'm back at work. Our power went off at 7:00 a.m. on Sunday. The
only source of heat we had was our wood burning stove. Our town looks
like a massive tornado went through it. We managed to find a big welding
generator and hooked it up to the house yesterday so we have heat, light
and our refrigerator is working again. Still no hot water yet. Working
on that. It has been a long, hard three days.......nothing like 4-5
kids, the grandbaby, four dogs, a cat and 8 baby chickens all piled on
the floor in front of a stove - all night - for two nights and three
days.

Pam Evans <gardenqueen@gmail.com> wrote:
 No kidding. Haven't heard from Jesse. Hope Tricia is OK too. And everyone
in Iowa, heard it hit there today!!