Re: ice storms

O.K. I give up....what does PTA stand for "personal time alone"???? LOL.
My grandmother wouldn't say "pregnant" either. They were "in the family
way" or "PG". Funny how times change. Women wore maternity clothes back
then. Now, they just walk around with their bellies hanging out.

  That's funny. My mother called them "spit baths" also. My first MIL,
however, called them "PTA baths."

wrote:
> Makes you wonder how our grandmothers survived, doesn't it?
>
> Can you keep a kettle of water on top of the stove? That's how I
> remember
> getting hot water at my grandmother's. For baths, she'd let it get to
> boiling, run cold water in the tub and add enough hot to make it warm
> enough
> to bathe. About half a kettle to an inch of water was about right, I
> think.
>
> We got a generator many years ago so that when the power was out, we'd
> have
> water and heat. Nothing like having a well to make you appreciate
> electricity!
>
> Glad you're all safe.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida