Re: Fwd: Tulsa Ice Storm '07

although many of us live in diff zones, this would be interested to hear as we all have some type of storm from time to time.

Donna

----- Original Message ----
From: Patricia <pdickson@sbcglobal.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2007 12:57:29 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Fwd: Tulsa Ice Storm '07

Jesse,
5 years ago it really did look like that but this year we lucked out.
The other day my Shumard Oak had limbs bent to the ground but nothing broke.
They have had people on radio programs trying to educate everyone as to what
trees to plant back.  No Bradford Pears!  I think they broke the worst.
Jesse, when you look around town, what trees are the worst and which trees
had the most overall damage?
  I heard Allen  Storjohann, the Myriad Botanical Gardens Manager on the
radio.  He was saying the tree that he noticed that had the least damage was
the Sweetgum.  That seemed strange.
Tricia
(where they predicted heavy snows but we don't have anything .....yet)