To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2007 2:57 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] snow

We ended up with 9.8 inches according to the news. Drifting caused a 3ft X 10ft block to getting my car out of the garage....

I am not feeling up to all that shoveling, so called the guy driving my
companies plow truck. He came by and we only had to do the sidewalks
etc....which took longer than him doing both driveways. Now if ma nature
doesn't put it back by morning, I will be in good shape.

I agree it is good exercise, but DH is just getting over the flu and my
throat is really sore.. excuses, yes, but we will never get well if we
keep putting our selves in the weather.

 Donna

Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net> wrote:
 We got about 8 inches of wet snow. There's a layer of slush under it.
Gotta get it up in case it decides to freeze to ice under there. Took me
about 3 hrs of shoveling this am. I do more shoveling than most people do
when I have the time. I did my driveway, my 60 ft of sidewalk and 60 ft of
sidewalk of each neighbor to both sides of me. I also do half the street
from the centerline to the curb and across the street for the approach to
and in front of the mailboxes.

I do my neighbors' walks when I can because sometimes they do mine when I
don't have time. I do the street because if I don't the plow will come
along and shove a barrier of heavy ice and snow across my driveway. By my
shoveling the street snow, he has nothing to push into my driveway, so I
won't have trouble getting out tomorrow.

Good exercise too.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Cathy Carpenter"
Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2007 11:58 AM

We got 3 1/2 inches here, good, because I was driving around
participating in the Christmas bird count all Saturday. The birds,
though had more sense - most of them were hunkered down out of sight!

Cathy, west central IL, z5b