Re: snow

Reminds me of a picture in the paper recently. A man went fishing and his hook caught on an antler. they ended up hauling out of the lake 2 big bucks that had gotten their antlers locked and fell in and drowned. One was huge - 14pt, the other 10pt.

neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2007 5:33 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] snow

Looked out the back window and saw five deer in the back yard
finishing up the garden clean-up I never got around to.  Including
a four-point buck standing on his hind legs to reach a branch of
the pear tree.  Quite a sight!  I wasn't going to go out in the slop
to chase them, and figured that there wasn't anything much left
for them to hurt, anyway.  They've already eaten everything green.

It's still raining and 33 degrees.  Nervous-making.  So far it isn't
quite making ice - just a mess.  And the crew never came back
to finish the cleanup.  GRRR!