Re: Insurance

Hi, Chris.

I guess I've concluded that State Farm wants to severely cut back it's homeowner business, starting with the riskier properties, or get out of the business altogether. When we moved down here, we were told that "normally" State Farm was not writing any new homeowner's policies in Florida--that they only wrote ours because we had had our insurance with them in Maryland.

Then they tried to renege on any obligation to aid homeowners in Mississippi after Katrina until Trent Lott, one of their policy holders, threatened some sort of congressional action. The Mississippi settlement must have been hefty. Almost before it was final they began raising rates all over the country to pay for it.