Re: gripe

I agree that participating in school sports is a fine way to keep kids out
of trouble most of the time.  But balance must be maintained.  Schools in
Texas are way too sports crazy, they forget it is an EXTRA-curricular
activity.  We have kids w/ high school diplomas who are functionally
illiterate.  This does not serve the student, the student's family or
society as a whole.  Oops, I'll get off my soapbox now.  Mea culpa.

--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX