Re: where is everyone?

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: where is everyone?
  • From: "Pam Evans" <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 18:53:31 -0600
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=97R43f4xa87K6UjCfSanpRWPD1tjdEygrFPVuOaVkNY=; b=auei5enIxVgOyVH28HjsXJ5HZZziHEgxWkg6Snwih8ad0DQplobT+KILMa4GK+OWAI 3QCYfYTj7a2Tczz3FgS69SAJkq6yL0W/ljg0Us+S49fVYUHPaOiDzffoK1UgzopC53Bs zh94Em0OtFhjT2rQocU65qpO+1fgFBLg0hfyQ=

I'm still painting.  We had our first hard frost, so I'm also cleaning up
dead 4:00's and zinnias.  A bigger job here than you would think.  Doing
that in between coats.  Got the last of the green trim done today, will
start on the deck tomorrow.

On 12/6/08, james singer <islandjim1@comcast.net> wrote:
> Been without internet connection for a few days.
> Weather here has turned frosty. Went to a 9 AM MG orientation yesterday and
> it took about 10 minutes to de-ice the windshield. Very few trees with
> leaves left; even the oaks are mostly bare. Lettuce, fava beans, and onions
> still okay in the garden, but everything else is gone.
> Santa Rosa plum is a marvel. One of Mr. Burbank's better inventions.
> On Dec 3, 2008, at 9:47 PM, Theresa G. wrote:
> Out in the garden?  Hibernating?  Lettuce and radishes are at the eating
>> stage here.  Peas are growing strong.  Several mahonias have buds ready to
>> pop.  Even have one last rose.  Making plans to cut back the banana plants
>> soon and use their leaves to help make tamales.  Bare root fruit trees will
>> be available in a couple of weeks.  I finally decided to get a plum, not a
>> pluot.  I just don't have room for 2 trees, and Santa Rosa plums don't need
>> a pollinator.
>> What is happening in the rest of your gardens?
>> Theresa
> Island Jim
> Willamette Valley
> 44.99 N 123.04 W