Re: "Food" for thought

A bit late here, but I agree with Pollan. I don't think he's the right person for that job. If any real change is going to be made at USDA it will take a person who understands agripolitics well enough to begin dismantling the cozy relationship between the department and the petroleum-based chemical industry that has flourished since Ezra Taft Benson was secretary. I doubt Pollan has the patience or tact for that job. I would like to see him on a White House ag policy committee, however, along with Lester Brown, Michael Jacobson, and a few others.