Re: weather

LL Bean used to sell a waterproof glove that had velcro cinches around the wrist that you tightened to keep the water out of them. They were fabric, so I have no idea how they would wear if used for chores.

On Dec 11, 2008, at 4:31 PM, Daryl wrote:

I have enough warm clothes (usually overalls over sweats) so that I don't freeze while taking care of the chickens and the feral cats, but I haven't found a good solution for my hands. No matter what I do, I seem to get my gloves wet. When it's below freezing and the wind is blowing, my hands ache for hours afterwards.

Anyone have any ideas? I've tried rubber gloves over my regular gloves but they're pretty unwieldy.

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 5:17 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] weather

Yep...I finally broke down this year and went to the feed store and bought my first pair of Carhart bibs and jacket. I hate being COLD and I've been going out to break the water for the animals (my husband takes half the animals, I take the other half) and I get outside to feed and take care of
them and the wind goes right through me.
For years I used to say how ugly Carhart stuff is...this mustard yellow tent
material made into pants and coats.  Ughh.  Well....lemmeeee tell
ya....those were not made to look pretty. They were made to work in. And they do the job. I can't even FEEL the cold when I'm outside in those.
Only my face gets cold.

Island Jim
Willamette Valley
44.99 N 123.04 W