Re: weather/now gloves

Daryl,

Cold water scuba diving gloves should work and they are not expensive. Closed cell neoprene foam gloves are available online at scuba.com and others. Best to wear thin canvas work gloves over the neoprene gloves to prevent damage from abrasion.

Dan

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 7:31 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] weather

I have enough warm clothes (usually overalls over sweats) so that I don't freeze while taking care of the chickens and the feral cats, but I haven't found a good solution for my hands. No matter what I do, I seem to get my gloves wet. When it's below freezing and the wind is blowing, my hands ache for hours afterwards.

Anyone have any ideas? I've tried rubber gloves over my regular gloves but they're pretty unwieldy.