Re: weather

I tried that, but my hands are too big. I can reach an octave and 4 comfortably, if you know the piano reference. If not - BIG! Even men's gloves aren't big enough to let me put a pair of knot gloves underneath.

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 9:30 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] weather

I wear regular knit gloves, that fit tightly over my hands, and then I put
on leather gloves...the soft, thinner kind where you can actually MOVE your
fingers around.  I spray the leather gloves with water repellent (same for
my boots - even though they are gortex lined - keeps them cleaner that way) Works for me. I go out to change the water and break ice and my hands don't
get too cold...chilly...but not cold.

I have enough warm clothes (usually overalls over sweats) so that I don't
freeze while taking care of the chickens and the feral cats, but I haven't
found a good solution for my hands. No matter what I do, I seem to get my
gloves wet. When it's below freezing and the wind is blowing, my hands ache
for hours afterwards.

Anyone have any ideas? I've tried rubber gloves over my regular gloves but
they're pretty unwieldy.