Re: so I am wondering....

Vermont? Right there between Iran and Uruguay, right?

On Dec 14, 2008, at 11:39 AM, Pam Evans wrote:

Vermont must have gotten hit pretty badly. My neighbor's brother who works for the power company was told he leaves for Vermont w/ his crew tomorrow morning and they'll be gone until after the first of the year. Her sister in law is hacked but I told her to be glad he's not in Iraq like he was last Christmas (he just mustered out of the Marines this summer). What's bad is she wasn't even sure where Vermont was. I guess they don't cover trivial
things like geography in schools anymore.

Things are fine here, a balmy 40+ and a bit blustery, but no longer
raining. Working on Cmas stuff and paperwork, presentation for next month. Got together w friends for Cmas lunch yesterday and a small exchange. Cmas
party at work Wed.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: "gardenchat list" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 1:22 PM
Subject: [CHAT] so I am wondering....

if any of our members are affected by this terrible ice storm, cold weather
in
the northeast?

The reports are vague... lotsa area so it is hard to tell. My heart goes
out
to all those involved, whether I know them or not....

Here it is warm today, 43 currently with matching wind gusts. I can hear
it
howling out there and everything is blowing around. Tonight, within hours
it
will drop into the teens with rain,snow,ice... not a good morning to
commute
is predicted. I need to go out there and find out what that banging noise
is... can't be good.

Donna

--
Pam Evans