Re: weather

They reported that Houston has had a snow fall every year that a hurricane
has hit Houston as well.  Nobody seems to know why this is, but the  statistics
show this to be true.  3-5 inches fell on the east side of  Houston and parts
north toward New Orleans, etc.  Here on the west side it  snowed the largest
flakes I've seen since Germany, but the ground was still very  warm since
we've had temps in the 70s, so nothing stuck here.  I had taken  in my blooming
orchids and a lot of the miniatures, but had left a lot  outside.  Didn't even
get a chance to cover much....no freeze or frost  damage at all to anything.  I
haven't noticed any freeze damage anywhere in  the city either.  Many of the
bridges and overpasses on the freeways had  ice conditions the next morning,
but by 9 a.m. the sun was out and everything  was melted and gone.  We are back
in the 70's again, and will even hit 80's  this week.

Thanks for checking and caring about us!!!
Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 12/11/2008 3:22:06 PM Central Standard Time,