Re: weather

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: weather
  • From: "Pam Evans" <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 18:40:26 -0600
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=GMtz+Hac6p+y9iYs+lSXnqZwgs0Jlts8FEosIdjH12M=; b=dEKR5GXQfN3n8xZYQ9nxmsq49CRmpGZNv60BIBy182BKeCGmeWaC5sZ9sTl2hXL1jK RnVxy9DSUkaa3KVdINFpye+qozJF4BgOrV/11s2Uu2xbsiyMzvZOWzuCGyg1/9lpa/JE CjCAzN9mYFMRNNSZsGsgojabqw0RQRjuv9iS0=

weather is crazy here.  finally got done w/ painting today, was in the
70's.  The high temp is supposed to be around 40 tomorrow and in the 30's
Tuesday but back to normal (for here) by Thursday.  It's amazing everyone
isn't sick.

On 12/14/08, TeichFauna@aol.com <TeichFauna@aol.com> wrote:
> They reported that Houston has had a snow fall every year that a hurricane
> has hit Houston as well.  Nobody seems to know why this is, but
> the  statistics
> show this to be true.  3-5 inches fell on the east side of  Houston and
> parts
> north toward New Orleans, etc.  Here on the west side it  snowed the
> largest
> flakes I've seen since Germany, but the ground was still very  warm since
> we've had temps in the 70s, so nothing stuck here.  I had taken  in my
> blooming
> orchids and a lot of the miniatures, but had left a lot  outside.  Didn't
> even
> get a chance to cover much....no freeze or frost  damage at all to
> anything.  I
> haven't noticed any freeze damage anywhere in  the city either.  Many of
> the
> bridges and overpasses on the freeways had  ice conditions the next
> morning,
> but by 9 a.m. the sun was out and everything  was melted and gone.  We are
> back
> in the 70's again, and will even hit 80's  this week.
> Thanks for checking and caring about us!!!
> Noreen
> zone 9
> Texas Gulf Coast
> In a message dated 12/11/2008 3:22:06 PM Central Standard Time,
> gossiper@sbcglobal.net writes:
> heard  about freezing weather in Houston, snow in southern
> regions  today...
> everyone ok?
> **************Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and
> favorite sites in one place.  Try it now.
> (
> http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000010
> )

Pam Evans