RE: weather

  • To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
  • Subject: RE: weather
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 08:04:21 -0800

We are getting the rain now. Started last night and is still raining
steadily. We put the horses in their corrals so they'd have a dry place
to stand, but once they get out from under the roof there's a lot of
standing water. Their turnout pen doesn't have puddles, but there's not
enough covered area for both of them to get out of the rain.
I'm glad I didn't water the dry garden yesterday after all. It was clear
yesterday morning but very cold and windy, I was worried about the
plants getting desiccated but figured I'd wait to see if the
long-promised storm actually appeared. And here it is.
The base weather guy says maybe snow tonight or tomorrow morning. He is
usually more accurate than the other forecasts. I'm hopeful.

Cyndi