Happy snow dance

  • To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
  • Subject: Happy snow dance
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 12:42:25 -0800

Well we got our snow, and not just a few flakes drifting down either. There's
about an inch and a half now and no signs of it letting up. We left work about
10:30 after hearing reports about what it was doing at home. The roads of
course are fine, not enough snow to really bother as long as people drive
carefully. My dogs were soaking wet so they're inside. So are the horses, but
their 3-sided shelters will have to do - it's not really THAT cold and horses
manage to do quite well in much worse. We might put their heavy blankets on
tonight although I am not positive they are waterproof.
Anyway I am here doing the happy dance, haven't seen this much snow in a long
time, it's a treat for us. Hopefully it remains a treat and not turn into a
nuisance. It will be great for the plants as that moisture soaks in.

Cyndi