Re: Feral cats

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Feral cats
  • From: "Jesse Bell" <justjess01@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 13:36:01 -0600
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=Hv6NBzNgMymBCXwA0V8YfLrPZL+70//5ivdL6mdfzbo=; b=hMVdCZCDZQgKZd3SjUkv06QbvKV+7RHtbl6TxORTUDM2Uzfxy74aw+W/xIFX7IV/Nz rvW8ovXMBrDXIOnj5OLfsLn61D9UMhhjtOcpW2/xtnDBaF7R/bivvYrmhrRyfNQ9ojOo gbUa0qoBTQJ77Eu+GjleRDbqWZBybLEbedNDQ=

If they are fully grown cats...not much luck of that happening.  It's
difficult enough to catch a feral kitten and tame it.  We have a grown cat
that hangs around our place.  He/She is solid white.  Scares the tar outta
me when I'm outside in the dark gathering eggs or feeding.  One time I
thought it was an owl up on a fence hiding around the shrubs...when I got
closer it jumped down and ran over me trying to get away.  Can't even get
close to the silly thing.  But it is smart enough to know where the food can
be found, and smart enough to stay away from my big 'critter-chasing" dog.
We have mice all over the place out here.  They are attracted to the bowls
of feed for the livestock.  And because of that, we have lots of hawks and
owls that hang out waiting for a nice meal.  The cat is obviously interested
in the morsels too.

--
Jesse R. Bell