From: Jesse Bell <justjess01@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CHAT] help needed!
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Saturday, December 20, 2008, 11:24 AM

OK, don't laugh at me guys - cause it works.  Remember last December/January
when Oklahoma had this HORRIBLE ice storm move through and take down a ton
of trees with the weight, which caused power to go down for about 3 weeks in
some areas?  Well, some of the trees that were close to my house I managed
to save with Christmas lights.  Yep...the big bulbs like you used to hang on
your house.  You can drape them around your tree branches and the ice will
slowly melt off.  I know it's a lot of work, but it's worth it if you
want
to save your trees.  I had a BIG crepe myrtle, a river birch, and several
maples that I saved that way.  As for the trees in the pastures and creek
area...nothing I could do.  Just had to let nature take it's course.  We
lost a lot of branches down there.

<gardenqueen@gmail.com>

Nature
>>> take care of it. If it's much colder than that, salting
won't work and

--
Jesse R. Bell