And now the good news...sort of

My bank has been going through a lot of machinations recently-- changing user IDs, passwords, and the like. Yesterday, it was my turn and I changed all those things. So this morning, I logged on to see if it all worked, which it did, only to discover that my checking account was about $1,300 less than it should have been. When I checked the register I discovered a pending debit of $1,300 payable to Fry's Electronics, a subsidiary of Kroger. I called the bank; the bank said since the charge wasn't yet posted to call Fry's. I finally connected at Fry's with a customer service guy named Joe, who looked up the charge. Seems someone was trying to buy a Sony computer on my dime. So he said he would cancel the order and stop the payment collection. Then my sister chewed me out for using a debit card for on-line purchases. Oh well.

Inland Jim
Willamette Valley
44.99 N 123.04 W
Elevation 148'