Re: Fwd: answer about ice chopping tool

I've been using a straight edged spade to break and clear the ice.
Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2008 3:06 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Fwd: answer about ice chopping tool

Pam,

An Ice Scraper. Duh! I should have remembered that.

I don't remember it being used for edging, though. My Dad had a spade and/or
a rounded flat hoe-thing for doing that.

I always referred to it as a "ICE SCRAPER"  That's what its used for.  I
would imagine Lowe's or Home Depot ot True Value Hardware Stores would
carry
them.  You can also use them for edgeing around sidewalks.  I still have
the
one we had at Lockhart St. and use it occasionly when cutting a fine edge
between grass and stone walkway.  Hope this helps.   Dad