Re: More weather

Pam--Have you got a pair of those Bean's "funny shoes"? I used to have them, and was all set to get another pair, but apparently they don't make them anymore. They were called, I think, "Bean's Original Hunting Shoe," and they were really great for slogging through this white stuff.

On Dec 22, 2008, at 1:59 PM, Pam Evans wrote:

I wear my Bean boots when it gets disgusting here. Keeps your feet warm and
dry!

On 12/22/08, Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI <
cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil> wrote:

I am actually considering getting some snow boots or similar, just in
case this happens again when it's really cold. Wet feet weren't so bad
this time because despite the snow it barely got below 30.
My sister was stuck for 3 days at her house, she lives about an hour
from me but higher elevation. Her big hay shader collapsed from the snow load with the tractor underneath, her 4x4 couldn't get any traction and there was too much snow for anything else to move. No one on her street could get out either. I told her I didn't have a lot of sympathy, she's
got 5 horses that could be saddled up, she could have gone riding.

Cyndi

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Judy Browning
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 9:14 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] More weather

I walked out on the front porch & stuck a yardstick in the snow. Picked
couple of low areas. Very unofficial 7 inches on the ground. Over the
tops
of any shoes I own, so I won't be venturing any further unless I did out
the
gaiters I used to wear cross country skiing. Home sick from work, the
cold I
picked up last week is worse. At least I don't feel guilty skipping the
drive down the hill.