RE: check in time

The wind and the cold last night here in Indiana was unreal. My house and
greenhouse dropped to 44 degrees. We could not get it any warmer. We heat
with wood but do have a baseboard heater in the living room and two electric
heaters in the greenhouse for backup. We had all of them turned up as high
as they could go. Today we switched out the one small greenhouse fan for a
full size one and sit a fan on the floor in front of the woodburner. None of
the plants sustained damage but I had been adding some bubble wrap to the
lower sections of the greenhouse and thanks to a tear on the first layer of
roof plastic we had just added a new, second layer. I can't wait until
spring when we can start replacing the plastic with those corrugated
greenhouse panels.
We were going to add a portable spa to the greenhouse but when we went to
Big Lots to get one the only ones they had left were the ones with bad
pumps. Maybe someday I will find another portable spa.
We did get some rain, snow and ice but nothing nearly as bad as some of the
surrounding counties and for that I am glad.
I hope everyone has a happy, safe and prosperous holiday season!
Sheri in Indiana